Fix Discovery Plus Error Code 504:
It may not be exactly clear why this is happening if you try to stream video from Discovery Plus yet continually getting Error Code 504 messages. You must first recognize the issues in order to receive assistance in solving error code 504.
Here's how to fix Discovery Plus Error Code 504 and also get Discovery Plus back to running properly.
What Leads to Error 504 in Discovery Plus?
Nobody has a solution for the error message. The even more perplexing error code: Fallback on Discovery Plus may appear.
The 504 error is not exclusive to Discovery Plus. It denotes a Gateway Timeout Error, that means there is an issue with your connection to the server—in this case, Discovery Plus—and that problem is causing the error. As a result, there are usually a few distinct explanations for its appearance. Here's a brief breakdown of the main events that might be happening:
Your connection to the internet is unreliable.
You can get this error message to indicate a server issue if your internet connection is unstable or offline.
The servers for Discovery Plus are down.
You'll see this error message to indicate a communication breakdown if the service's servers are currently down.
When Discovery Plus Displays Error Code 504, Troubleshoot
Try these troubleshooting suggestions to fix Discovery Plus Error Code 504 if it is preventing you from watching Discovery Plus.
- Let it pass. Although it's a tedious choice, Error Code 504 is likely to resolve itself, so it's worth your while to be patient.
- Verify whether Discovery Plus is unavailable for everyone or just you. Nothing can be done if it's down for everybody. If it's down only for you, you can continue troubleshooting.
- By reloading the website, you can try the service again. This can often resolve a short-term Error Code 504 issue.
- The cache on your web browser. Try clearing your cache or switching to another web browser if you're watching through your browser.
- Reopen the Discovery Plus app after fully closing it. Try totally shutting down and relaunching the Discovery Plus app if you're using it. This may be advantageous. There are a few minor differences between the procedures for closing an Android app and an iPhone app.
- Sign back into Discovery Plus after leaving it. To check whether that resolves the issue, try signing out of Discovery Plus and then signing back in.
- Restart the router. Error Code 504 can be brought on by temporary issues with your modem or router. To make sure, restart your devices. Make absolutely sure you can still access the internet by testing your internet connection. Move on to troubleshooting your home network router if you're experiencing any problems with your internet access.
- Start up your streaming device again. There are various approaches to resetting a streaming device. Here are instructions on how to restart an Apple TV, a Roku device, and a Fire Stick.
- Disable your ad blocker and VPN. Both of these services have the ability to prevent Discovery Plus and other streaming services from loading correctly.
- Change your DNS server. Try using various DNS settings as Error Code 504 may be caused by a DNS problem and has nothing to do with your setup or Discovery Plus itself. This is an advanced step and is best done only if you feel secure doing so.